The purpose of our church is summarised in a single sentence based on two key scriptures:
“To Grow by Living Out the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.”
The Great Commandment:
Matthew 22:36-40: Jesus said,"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbour as yourself. All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments."
The Great Commission:
Matthew 28:19-20: Jesus said, "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.”
- To Love God with all your heart is WORSHIP.
- To Love your neighbour as yourself is SERVICE.
- To Go and make disciples is OUTREACH.
- To Baptise is to incorporate into RELATIONSHIP (FELLOWSHIP).
- To Teach them all things is DISCIPLESHIP.